MESOMIKENDA LAKE DAM UPGRADES – SUDBURY, ON
This project involved the execution of remedial work associated with rehabilitating the majority of the control dam civil/structural components. The product scope included the dismantling, removal and disposal of the existing timber deck and structural steel catwalks. Semi-remedial concrete rehabilitation, which primarily consisted of repairs to the upstream weir-walls and west side pier (upstream side) as well as full height rehabilitation of all control dam gains:
- Remediate Concrete:
- Gains (full height) – six (6) locations;
- Upstream weir wall – two (2) locations (east and west sides);
- Upstream west side pier – one (1) location;
- Miscellaneous patch work on deck – two (2) square meters
- Structural Steel:
- Galvanized steel platform (existing timber platform replacement) c/w guardrails, kick-plates and serrated grating. Enlarge both sides of platform to improve worker safety and provide efficiency to maintenance activities;
- Galvanized steel access platform(s) – east and west sides c/w guardrails, kick-plates and serrated grating;
- Installation of embedded steel angles (or equivalent).
TESC successfully completed this project in November 2015, on time and on budget, with zero lost time injuries.