SNC Lavalin/Vale Canada LTD.
NO. 10 CONVERTER INSTALLATION, CLEAN AER PROJECT – COPPER CLIFF, ON
- The fabrication and installation of the off-gas flues ductwork and dust collection ductwork;
- The installation of the converter feed system with ploughs, chutes, feed conveyors, transfer conveyor and retractable feed chute;
- The installation and alignment of the converter drive system including the pinion, trunnions, and bull gear;
- The installation of the primary hood and the supply and installation of the secondary hood, including the actuating systems;
- The installation of a lift gate system, GASPE puncher system, mouth cooling fans, pumps, hydraulic cylinders, mixed flow fan;
- The installation of the drag conveyor system including hammer mill, blow pot and dust bagging station;
- The installation of the converter control booth;
- The installation of three air conditioning units and ductwork for the control booth as well as two switch rooms; and
- The final setting and alignment of previously installed equipment including the converter, spray chamber, and the flux and scrap bins.
- The fabrication and installation of over 12,000 linear feet of pipe from small bore up to 30”;
- Installation of cooling water system, including cooling water pump room, heat exchangers, and primary cooling to converter hoods;
- Installation of spray chamber and spray water piping system, including flow and control elements;
- Blast air, light oil/diesel, steam, oxygen, pneumatic, vacuum, nitrogen, natural gas, hydraulic, lubricating, and instrument air, including all tubing; and
- The installation of all valves, valve trains pumps and instruments.
- The supply and installation of electrical equipment including MCCs, VFDs, DCS panels, UPS panels, distribution panels, transformers, junction boxes, control stations, lighting, disconnects, outlets, cable tray, instruments; and
- The supply and installation of over 16,000 meters of cabling, including power and control cable, automation cable, instrumentation cable, heat trace, fiber optic, Ethernet cable; and
- Termination and testing of all wiring.